Re: [Xen-devel] xenheap pages mapped by dom0

>>> George Dunlap <george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 18.12.09 17:19 >>>
>However, that brings up another point: suppose that I do several
>allocations, one per cpu, and one fails.  Now I want to go and free the
>buffers I've just allocated (which shouldn't be mapped in dom0 yet).
>Can I not just call free_xenheap_pages()? Do I need to clear
>PGC_allocated before calling?

If you would fully trust Dom0 (including that it will never run malicious
code), then you could do so I think. But security people may not like
that, so it would still seem be better to verify by clearing the allocated
flag, putting the page, and checking its refcount before freeing.

>Is any of this stuff written down somewhere? :-)

I'm afraid it isn't.

Jan