Re: [Xen-devel] Fw: Re: migration and snapshots / Xen blktap2 support

On Sat, Jan 02, 2010 at 03:44:03PM -0800, J Nb wrote:
> >From the thread it looks like it made it in post 3.4.
>
> Can this be made available to Xen in existing distros ? (RHEL/SLES)
> So that people can reliably use it ?

I don't know if there are plans to backport blktap2 to
xen-3.4-testing.hg. Maybe Keir can comment more.

The patches that were applied to xen-unstable in May 2009 should be easy
to apply to xen-3.4-testing.hg aswell.. I think.

I think Citrix XenServer and Xen Cloud Platform (XCP) are going to use
blktap2.. with Xen 3.4.

> Also, it is not clear (to me) if this is done for PV or HVM or both ?

I believe it's for both PV and HVM, just like the first generation blktap is.

-- Pasi