Re: [Xen-devel] device-mmio emulation in Xen

  • To: Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Abhinav Srivastava <abhinavs_iitkgp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 22:02:01 +0530 (IST)
  • Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 08:32:25 -0800

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply. I understood what you had described. However, I have one
question:

1. How does Xen know which code path to execute? What I am noticing is that
sometimes it goes to all the way till the end of the page fault handler code to
call handle_mmio function, and sometimes it goes into the fast path to call
this function, bypassing all the page fault handlers code? Why it does not go
into the fast path all the time? OR Xen does something at the first time so
that second time, the execution can directly go into the fast path? And, does
this needs to be done for all physical pages given to MMIO?

Thanks,
Abhinav