[Xen-devel] Re: Questions about Xen qemu-dm so I can finish my Debian packaging

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> By default in xen-config-host.h, there is:
>
> #define DEFAULT_NETWORK_SCRIPT "/etc/xen/qemu-ifup"
>
> why isn't it:
>
> #define DEFAULT_NETWORK_SCRIPT "/etc/xen/scripts/qemu-ifup"
>
> and can it be changed in the Git to be like this by default? Or should I
> patch it in my package?

On xen-unstable the path is /etc/xen/scripts/qemu-ifup by default.

> Also, I asked the following, and still got no answer about it:
>
> 1- What is qemu-nbd-xen for, and do I need to package it (together with
> its manpage)? Should it go in /usr/bin?

It is meant to provide a network block device, something like using a
file as disk image over NFS.
I don't think anyone is using or testing this tool in the xen community,
therefore I wouldn't package it.

> 2- Is there anything else than qemu-dm, or qemu-img-xen, that needs to
> be present in this package?

nope

> 3- By default, the xen-setup script does:
>
> ./configure --disable-gfx-check --disable-curses \
>    --disable-slirp "$@" --prefix=/usr
>
> but I saw in the help of ./configure that there is:
> --audio-drv-list
>
> that can have the value oss alsa sdl esd pa fmod. I really believe that
> OSS support only is not a good idea, and that ALSA, Pulse Audio, SDL and
> ESD support would be good. Are they activated by default?

you can pass additional command line parameters to xen-setup and they
will be passed to the configure script automatically