Re: [Xen-devel] Porting SPICE to Xen

On 01/07/2010 04:33 AM, Thiago Camargo Martins Cordeiro wrote:
If this happen, it will work with paravirtualized domUs too? Or maybe it is only for HVM domains?!
SPICE is 2 differents parts, the part that expose the PCI device to the guest and "replace" the graphic card IIRC, and the actual remote desktop protocol.

at the moment the 2 are fairly intertwined, so it would only work with HVM domains [1], but depending on how the things get de-intertwined (which is something qemu people want), it might be possible to have it on PV. I wouldn't hold my breath on PV domain though.

(I'm no SPICE expert however, so it take it with a grain of salt.)

[1] providing all the pieces are available upstream in qemu etc.. which probably going to take a while too.
--
Vincent