RE: [Xen-devel] [XCP] Source for Workload Balancer?

Hi,

The Workload Balancing windows service is not part of XCP but xapi does include
an interface which allows it to talk to a 3rd party load-balancer. It would be
possible to write one with your choice of policy and tools (eg. Linux+MySQL)

The interface code is mostly here:

http://xenbits.xen.org/xapi/xen-api.hg?file/650e531c3fe0/ocaml/xapi/workload_balancing.ml

Functions in this module are consulted on the various API entrypoints (eg
VM.start) to determine where best to start VMs.

Cheers,
Dave