Re: [Xen-devel] pre-reservation of memory for domain creation

On 12/01/2010 14:47, "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> which would seem inconsistent with the current implementation in the
> hypervisor: sh_set_allocation() as called from shadow_enable() wants
> *at least* 4Mb - modified from 1Mb by c/s 20389. It is not clear (to me)
> from the changeset description why this change was needed (and even
> less why it was needed uniformly for 64- and 32-bits). If indeed it is
> needed, the tools should be adjusted accordingly.

ISTR trying the patch without the sh_set_allocation() chunk and failing to
create many-VCPU HVM guests without it. Either the creation failed or Xen
crashed (!) -- I can't remember which now, it may even have been both (with
Xen crash during destruction of partially-created domain).

 -- Keir