RE: [Xen-devel] Add multi-page shared ring support toxen-blkfront/back

On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 15:58 -0500, James Harper wrote:

> I received the 1/2 and 2/2 emails containing the patches.
>
> Is there any measurable performance increase with this update? I assume
> it means that you can have more read/write operations on the ring at
> once? What would be useful to me is larger read/write operations...

Interesting. Why? Asking because ring space is spent on segments, not
request headers. Do you see a notable difference somewhere, compared to
a bunch of (virtually) consecutive request ranges? Or rather a
convenience thing for the gpl PV drivers?

Cheers,
Daniel