Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [drm:r100_ring_test] *ERROR* radeon: ring test failed

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 03:05:48PM -0500, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> > Ok, thanks for the update :)
> > Let me know if/when you have some patch to test.
>
> Trying to refresh my memory. The issue was that under Xen, the DRM
> modesetting with your radeon card (ES1000) would fail during the
> ring buffer initialization. I provided a test-path that made it go
> away, but now you get those Free Memory leak.

Let's see.

You sent me this patch:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-10/msg00986.html

And then kernel modesetting started working:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-10/msg01014.html

Then you asked me to try running X and getting some debug stuff, but it
seems X still doesn't work for me:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-10/msg01309.html

Some analysis and it seems the patch causes TTM "Erroneous page count. Leaking
pages." errors:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-10/msg01316.html

> So is the Memory leak happening after running X for some time or
> pretty much immediately?

Starting X causes the errors.

If I don't start X then the system runs fine without errors. Setting the
graphics mode during boot/initrd works OK.

I can re-rest things if needed.

-- Pasi