[Xen-devel] Implementing keystroke logger in VMM

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: ZelluX <zellux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 20:20:19 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 04:20:42 -0800

Hi, all

I want to sniffer keystrokes in Xen and filter some special characters before Domain 0 gets the keystrokes. It seems first I need to write a simple keyboard driver in Xen, and when an interrupt comes in, check whether it is keyboard interrupt. If  it is a keyboard interrupt, get the data by inb instruction, and do some logging and filtering work, then pass the interrupt again to Domain 0.

So my question is, after Xen calls inb to fetch the character, will Domain 0 be able to fetch the character again? If not, is it possible for Xen to fake a same character interrupt?

Many thanks.

--
Best regards,
Wang Yuanxuan