Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0.0 first release candidate / graphics passthru

2010/1/21 Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>:

>> > Btw is it possible now to specify a file to load the VGA bios from?
>> > earlier it was required to hardcode it into some header file or so.
>>
>> I think it is hardcoded that qemu will take a copy of the host system's BIOS
>> (i.e., for the primary host VGA). Other options would be easy to implement
>> I'm sure, if someone's interested.
>>

> I was just looking at same older mails, and it seems for example Teo En Ming
> and others who got Xen VGA passthrough working had to copy the vgabios-pt.bin
> to tools/firmware/vgabios/ before building Xen.
>
> That's not very practical..

Right now the code copy the bios from 0xC0000. So if you want to pass through
a secondary display adapter with the vga bios you are not copying the right one,
that why this hack was for.
Surely the code could be modified to add an option to copy the bios of
the right card.

Jean