Re: [Xen-devel] Remus and Kemari...

Em Quinta-feira 21 Janeiro 2010, às 08:16:55, você escreveu:

Hi Pasi

> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 08:12:21AM -0200, Gilberto Nunes wrote:
> > Em Quarta-feira 20 Janeiro 2010, às 22:20:17, Brendan Cully escreveu:
> >
> > Hi Brendan...

> > > It's taken me a while to get Xen unstable running again, but now that
> > > I have I can't reproduce any of these problems with an XP guest. It
> > > remains responsive while Remus is running, and doesn't fail over
> > > unless I kill it.
> >
> > Right
> >
> > > Disk access isn't likely to make a huge performance difference
> > > (although I should say, simply parking a Remus VM on top of DRBD is
> > > not safe, since there is no way of rolling back changes that have been
> > > written since the most recent checkpoint).
> >
> > What you suggest... NFS!
> >
> > > It sounds like your network
> > > link between the primary and backup is either low capacity or flaky in
> > > some way, or you have a loaded dom0.
> >
> > My network between primary and backup server is a dedicate network, make
> > with a dedicate fast ethernet switch...
>
> Not sure if Fast Ethernet is enough for Remus syncing?

Well, I try too with crossover network cable, in Giga Ethernet, but I have the
same...

> > I do not understand wath you say about that "I have a loaded dom0". On
> > fact, Xen always have a loaded dom0, right!
>
> I bet he meant "do you have high load on dom0", aka do you have high cpu
>  usage in dom0? Try running "xm top" to figure out. And also normal "top"
>  in dom0.

Ok... I run xm top and get this:

NAME
Domain-0

STATE
-----r

CPU(sec)
135

CPU(%)
0.6

MEM(k)
7226368

MEM(%)
86.2

MAXME(k)
no limit

MAXMEM(%)
n/a

VCPUS
2

Something wrong!!!

>>> I'd recommend using single-processor dom0 and guest to start with, and
> > > pinning the VCPUs to their own separate physical cores.
> >
> > I see. But how I do this!! I am a newbie. If you can point some ways to
> > me, I'll appreciate...
>
> See:
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenCommonProblems
>
> There's a chapter called "How can I limit the number of vcpus my dom0 has?"
> and "Can I dedicate a cpu core (or cores) only for dom0?"

I see... However, this procedure do not take alway the beneficity of multi-
core processors to my VM's!!!!

Thanks

-- Gilberto

--