RE: [Xen-devel] pre-reservation of memory for domain creation

>>> "Xu, Dongxiao" <dongxiao.xu@xxxxxxxxx> 22.01.10 05:28 >>>
>Hi, Jan,
>    This patch may not work because when allocating 128 pages for
>each vcpu, tool side hasn't balloon so much memory for it. So the
>allocation may fail.
>    What about this solution, we change the tool side to balloon
>more memory for pre-reserve memory (For example 8M),and
>pre-alloc 4M for domain creation (which works for 128 vcpus)?

Based on what information do you judge that 4M will work for 128
vCPU-s?

And how did you conclude that ballooning 8M will be sufficient to be
able to allocate 4M (before the patch in question 4M got ballooned in
order to be able to allocate 1M)?

>Anyway like the comment in _constructDomain, it's still somewhat
>hacky.

Indeed. Which is why I'm concerned about extending this hack.

Jan