Re: [Xen-devel] trying to debug xen4 & qemu-dm, Xen reports "core dump failed"

On 27/01/2010 08:27, "Keir Fraser" <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 4:25 PM, 0bo0 <0.bugs.only.0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> #1  0x0000000000464082 in xenstore_parse_domain_config ()
>>
>> making note of the 'domain_config' ...
>>
>> if in test.cfg i change,
>>
>>  -   vfb          = [ 'type=vnc, vncdisplay=102, vnclisten=127.0.0.1' ]
>>  +   #vfb          = [ 'type=vnc, vncdisplay=102, vnclisten=127.0.0.1' ]
>
> Maybe I can repro the crash.

I had a go but couldn't reproduce the qemu crash. I did note however that
your PV guest only gets a qemu-dm process when you include the vfb config
line above. Hence the crash is not really related to vfb directly, but
simply the fact that qemu starts up and then crashes for some other bizarre
reason. I tried reproducing a vbd config similar to yours (since your crash
backtrace indicated crashing in blockdevice-parsing code), but that caused
no problems for me.

I don't know whether it could be related to the domUloader.py bootloader
stuff. I've never used that and I think it's suse specific?

 -- Keir