Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0 Feature Set

Hello Pasi,

> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 09:37:00AM +0100, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
>> Hello Pasi,
>>
>> Yes it's a transition period, with the new kernel not being complete in
>> terms of xen functionality, but more complete and recent in terms of linux
>> hardware drivers.
>> The same will apply for blktap2, and perhaps netchannel2 as well unless
>> those get fixed in time.
>> Wish i could help, but i lack the programming skills to do so.
>>

> Yeah. A couple of days ago I made a change in
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenDom0Kernels
> to highlight that pv_ops dom0 is the kernel everyone should be using, testing
> and developing against.

> Hopefully we'll start getting more contributions to pv_ops now when Xen 4.0
> is using it.

Perhaps a more formal request to contributors of features that are currently
lacking in pvops about how they see the transition of there contribution to
pvops kernel ?
So there can be made some sort of overview of the intentions, and perhaps an
estimation if it will be in time for 4.0, so it can be documented ?

>> Haven't seen a reaction from Stephen yet if there is a
>> hypervisor/dom0-kernel-xen-related boot options document available as start
>> for a new wiki.
>>

> I made this yesterday:
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenHypervisorBootOptions

> Now we just need to fill in the actual content :) Wanna help?

> -- Pasi

Yes i want to help, i was just waiting for Stephen to react if there is or is
not a document to start from :-)
This is one thing i can contribute with i think :-)

-- Sander