Re: [Xen-devel] Issue with pv_ops Kernel 2.6.31.6 and Xen

> > The issue I have:
> > While Xen pv_ops Kernel 2.6.31.6 perfectly runs on bare metal, it fails
> > to get network connectivity when run on top of Xen 3.4.1 (Gentoo default
> > installation). Though the system seems to come up correctly at a first
> > sight and network interface is available (I can ping it locally), access
> > to network fails (I cannot ping other system in the network nor vice-versa).

That makes sense. The IRQ for the network device is not assigned to the
driver, so it fails to work.

> > What I discovered so far:
> > Consulting the boot messages within "dmesg", I discovered that ACPI SCI
> > fails to load when run on top of Xen, while this error is not happening
> > on bare metal.
> >
> > With XEN:
> > *********
> > bio: create slab <bio-0> at 0
> > ACPI: SCI (IRQ20) allocation failed
> > ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_ACQUIRED, Unable to install System Control
> > Interrupt handler 20090521 evevent-161
> > ACPI: Unable to start the ACPI Interpreter
> > WARNING: at lib/kobject.c:595 kobject_put+0x27/0x3c()

That is strange. I am not seeing this at all on my machine, but then I
don't have such an ancient box. Can you provide the whole dmesg and as
well the Xen bootup to figure out why it seems to not have IRQ slots
open.