Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.4.2 hypervisor crash, Cannot access memory beyond end of bootstrap direct-map area, Unknown interrupt

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:04:15PM +0000, Keir Fraser wrote:
> No, it'll be a 32-bit-specific issue though. I would recommend just running
> a 64-bit build of Xen, if the CPU supports 64-bit mode. It'll be something
> to do with GRUB2 dumping the dom0 kernel and initrd higher in memory than
> GRUB1, past the end of where 32-bit Xen is set up to be able to access.
> Probably not a hard fix, although I have no GRUB2 installation to test with.

I've had this problem for a year now. The only xen version running is 3.0.3,
newer versions crash with this error message. I've seen few posts about this
but no replies.

It might be related to grub2. I've tried grub2 from debian sid today and even
xen 3.0.3 stopped working, I had to downgrade back to stable grub2 debian
version.

mk