Re: [Xen-devel] Q on netfront/netback driver

  • To: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: ravi kerur <rkerur@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 20:14:53 -0800
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 20:15:13 -0800

Hi Konrad,

I thought Citrix Xenserver is based on Xen kernel and it inherited all of Xen mgmt cli and other tools.

I have downloaded source code from http://www.citrix.com/lang/English/lp/lp_1688623.asp
and have looked into product cd 1(in which I found netfront and netback source code), product cd 4(probably tools). Unfortunately don't find anything related to /xen/tools/hotplug... Any inputs?

Thanks
-RK

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  In addition, I had follow-up question on creation of "vif" interface(this
> is what I was referring to when I mentioned about instantiation of
> netfront/netback), if I were to change this "vif" name to something else,
> which part of the code should be modified. I have been searching for this

You definitly will need to modify the udev rules and potentially a bunch
of shell scripts in: xen/tools/hotplug/Linux

If you mean the source code of the kernel, look in
drivers/xen/netback/* files.
.. snip ..
> > > However, I do not see the drivers listed when "lsmod" is executed on dom0
> > or
> > > domU.
> >
> > It might be very well compiled in, at which point it is not a module.
> > Look in your .config file for NETBACK.
Ah, I was incorrect. It is CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_BACKEND.