Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0 + PVOPS + Intel VTD + USB EHCI = BUG()

David P. Quigley wrote:
On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 11:08 +0800, Weidong Han wrote:
David P. Quigley wrote:
On Sat, 2010-01-30 at 21:50 +0800, Han, Weidong wrote:
It's so weird pvops dom0 still detects DMAR and enables it after zap DMAR signature in Xen. Dom0 should not detect DMAR in ACPI after the signature is zapped.
I suspect that your USB issue is caused by this. Pls have a try with turn off
VT-d in pvops config (# CONFIG_DMAR is not set) to see if it solves your issue.

Regards,
Weidong

-----Original Message-----
From: David P. Quigley [mailto:dpquigl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Friday, January 29, 2010 12:10 AM
To: Han, Weidong
Cc: Pasi KÃrkkÃinen; Daniel Stodden; xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Konrad
Rzeszutek Wilk
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0 + PVOPS + Intel VTD + USB EHCI = BUG()

I've attached the output from the patched xen hypervisor. I see the message
being printed out so it appears to be clearing the signature.

Dave
So I managed to sucessfully book my pvops dom0 kernel with VT-D on in my
bios when I turned off DMAR from the dom0 kernel config. Is there
anything else you would like me to do to help hunt this bug down?

Dave

Could you dump ACPI in native Linux and Xen dom0? Let's see what difference between "zap" and "no zap" DMAR signature.

Regards,
Weidong

Sure. How do I go about doing that?

Dave

You can search and download acpidump. After install it, you can use following command to dump acpi table:

acpidump >acpidump.txt

Dump acpi table on both native Linux and xen dom0, and post dump files.

Regards,
Weidong