Re: [Xen-devel] Problems with serial console

On 05/02/2010 07:04, "Juergen Gross" <juergen.gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> With xen-unstable and the following parameters only the xen messages are seen
> via the serial line, input is not possible:
>
> kernel /boot/xen.gz console=com1 com1=38400 sync_console debug=yes loglvl=all
> guest_loglvl=all crashkernel=256M-:128M@16M
>
> What could be the reason? Any idea what I could try?

I'd diff ns16550.c and serial.c against last known good versions and start
reverting patches. I don't think all that much has changed that could really
stop you receiving *any* characters. I suppose the problem could potentially
be broken irq handling elsewhere in Xen...

 -- Keir