Re: [Xen-devel] pvops dom0: no sound after boot; possibly causedbyswiotlb

On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 09:09:03PM +0100, Ronny.Hegewald@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >> No, your first statement was correct. It would always return the same mask
> >for 32-bit and 64-bit, because of the 32-bitness of the return-variable
> >'dma_mask'.
> >>
> >> So the following patch maybe would be more appropriate?
> >
> >I think it isn't neccessary. The 'dmal_alloc_coherent_mask' returns an
> >unsigned long. On 32-bit 'unsigned long' is a 4-byte value, and
> >on 64-bit that is 8-byte value.
>
> Oh yes, right, didnt thought about that ....
>
> So I think your previous patch:
> >http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2010-02/msg00038.html
> >is correct as when it is compiled under 64-bit it would return a 64-bit
> >value and when compiled under 32-bit, it would return a 32-bit value.
>
> As it seems that the patch wasn't noticed i will resend it. Can i add a
> Reviewed-by (or Acked-by) from you to the patch, so it gets more attention?

Don't worry. Already pulled in:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git;a=commit;h=d2de41169c662e95ff3585d3fcf3cc0055307f27

Thanks for your work finding the culprit _and_ coming with a patch. Much
appreciated!