Re: [Xen-devel] DomU as Dom0?

On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 02:46 -0500, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Sassy Natan wrote:
> > OK,
> >
> > Thanks for the answers
> >
> > Sassy
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 11:41 PM, Daniel Stodden
> > <daniel.stodden@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:daniel.stodden@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> >     If you're rather looking for recursive virtualization, I don't think
> >     that's going to fly all that well either.
> >
> >     Daniel
>

> It's called "nested virtualization" (not recursive) and there was a talk
> about it on the last Xen Summit in Shanghai. I suggest you to read the
> video:
>
> http://www.xen.org/files/xensummit_intel09/xensummit-nested-virt.pdf
> http://www.xen.org/media/Movies/XenSummitAsia09/2009-11-19-afternoon/NestedVirtualization.MTS

Ah, nice. I didn't expect VMX emulation be actually in the works
somewhere. Cool, thanks for the link.

"Recursive" was the original term for such a beast.

Any estimates on the footprint? Small enough to be a candidate for
inclusion? It'd certainly be interesting for some applications.

Cheers,
Daniel