Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [RFC SWIOTLB-0.4]

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 10:07:49PM -0500, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 09:17:31AM +0900, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
> > On Wed,  3 Feb 2010 12:08:01 -0500
> > Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Attached is a set of eleven RFC patches that split the SWIOTLB library in
> > > two layers: core, and dma_ops related functions.
> >
> > What's the point of splitting swiotlb.c? Why can't you just export
> > some of functions in swiotlb.c?
>
> I was emulating some of the other libraries that are in the kernel,
> where the core functionality was in -core.c file and the users of it
> are in subsequent once (libata).

Thought there is one thing Jens Axboe mentioned that I didn't think off:
Keep it as simple and as few.

I've redone the patches, this time without the splitting and have
exported the symbols.

The git tree is:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/konrad/swiotlb-2.6.git swiotlb-0.5

And the LKML posting is:
https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/iommu/2010-February/002066.html