Re: [Xen-devel] Crash during boot in Debian lenny default dom0 kernel (2.6.26-2-xen-686)

Jiang, Yunhong wrote:
Hmm, this issue is caused because of changeset 18323, which extend the
physdev_map_pirq strucutre. IIRC, this is mainly for SR-IOV support, that Xen
can't get the MMIO BAR from the virtual device.

However, dig into futher, I suspect if we need to change the definition of 'struct
physdev_op'. Currently there is no maxium length limit, should it have something like the
"pad" in struct xen_platform_op?
The padding isn't the problem; the problem is that Xen is expecting an address in there, but it's getting "garbage + {0,1}". As Jan pointed out, how is Xen supposed to distinguish an address from garbage + incorrect parameter?

At any rate, I have a patch to the debian kernel I'll post in a bit.

-George