Re: [Xen-devel] Crash during boot in Debian lenny default dom0 kernel (2.6.26-2-xen-686)

For what I remember from the past, the debian packages automatically put
pci=nomsi in grub etc.
So perhaps it's wise to get that workaround removed as well.

--
Sander

> OK, the attached patch fits cleanly in to the debian source package
> infrastructure and can result in a built .deb file that actually
> works.

> Can those who know the system take a quick look to see if there's
> anything obviously broken?  I'll file a bug report to debian with the
> patch Monday; hopefully it will be picked up quickly.

> Thanks,
>  -George

> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 1:28 PM, George Dunlap
> <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Forward porting the linux-2.6.18 patch has been straightforward so
>> far... I'm going to give it a spin and see if it actually boots. :-)
>>
>> It's linux-2.6.18.hg c/s 645:359b1e70d9eb, in case you're interested.
>>
>>  -George

>>> I'm afraid not (other than simply disabling at least the MSI-X part of
>>> the code), as it would require table_base to be initialized properly.
>>>
>>> Jan

Best regards,
 Sander                            mailto:linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx