Re: [Xen-devel] generate random numbers

michele.paolino wrote:
I'm really sorry, maybe I misunderstood your mail. I don't want anyone to work for me.:-)
Whenever you ask a question, you're asking someone to work for you, because it takes time and effort for someone to answer it. Even a short e-mail response may take 5 minutes of reading, understanding, thinking, and typing. To answer your question about the BUG() requires me to download the repository you're using, look at and trace around code I've never looked at before, and possibly to read and understand your code. That's probably at least a half-hour of my time.

And that's OK. I like helping people, I like solving problems. It's also an investment: if you become a good OS coder, the computer industry as a whole (and myself included in that) benefit; and if you become better at Xen, I benefit more directly.

However, I don't want to waste my time. How you can demonstrate to me that you are committed to learning this, and that you are capable of becoming an OS coder, is by demonstrating that you've spent effort and thought on something before answering a question.

I'll take a closer look and try to answer your question either later today or tomorrow.

-George