[Xen-devel] RE: set_msi_affinity() vs. pci_restore_msi_state()

>>> "Zhang, Xiantao" <xiantao.zhang@xxxxxxxxx> 08.03.10 03:14 >>>
>Jan,
>    Have you met any issue ?

Yes, but not in the resume code path. Instead, I got a log including
output from the new 'M' debug key, which showed that entry->msg.data
must have been all zero. That lead me to look at the code paths where
this field would get written.

>Per my understanding, there is no problem here.  For set_msi_affinity,
>it calls write_msi_msg to write the MSI info to real hardware and also
update it to (msi_desc)entry->msg, so entry->msg should store the
>latest msi's data/addr.

Oh, right, I overlooked write_msi_msg() writing entry->msg - mislead
by the fact that it may be called with &entry->msg (which makes the
 - in this case unnecessary - assignment sort of unexpected.

Jan