[Xen-devel] A clocksource question

I would appreciate if somebody could shed some light on the currently
preferred setting of the clocksource for the pvops0 kernels, used both
in Dom0 and DomU (I'm using pvops0 in DomU because it provides backends,
e.g. network backend).

I have a bad experience with running the Dom0 kernel
(xen/stabale-2.6.31.6-based) with the default clocksource=xen, as it
results in the system getting temporary "hangs", very short ones, but
annoying. E.g. when one types fast on a keyboard, then every 10 seconds
or so, the keystroke processing seems to be slowing down significantly
for a second o so.

Running the kernel with clocksource=jiffies eliminates the above problem
but has a disadvantage of the clock drift in Dom0. This is not
acceptable on my setup, where I don't have any networking in Dom0, which
means I cannot correct it via NTP.

Interestingly the above problem didn't seem to affect the Dom0 kernel
based on xen/stable-2.6.32. Unfortunately I assume I'm no longer able to
run this kernel when using Xen 3.4.2.

Thanks,
joanna.