Re: [Xen-devel] event notification

On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 16:47 +0000, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 07:12:02PM -0800, ravi kerur wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a mechanism available in Xen such that a kernel module in dom0 can
> > register to it and when a VM(domU) is installed or deleted or suspend or
> > resumed kernel module in domU can send notification to its counterpart in
> > dom0. I have looked into xenbus mechanism used by PV drivers and it won't
> > work for us. Inputs appreciated.
>
> You can listen on udev events and see when a vif device has been added.
> Also you can add pieces to the dom0 kernel to send uevents when a device
> is suspended and do something.
>
> Attached is a simple program to listen to all uevents..

Also if you are specifically interested in domain create/destruction
(from the hypervisors PoV) then I think you can add a xenstore watch on
"@releaseDomain" and "@introduceDomain".

As far as the hypervisor is concerned things like migration or
suspend/resume are just domain creation or destruction, the "illusion"
of anything more is provided by the tools.

If you are interested in the creation/suspension/migration/etc of
domains at the toolstack level then it depends which toolstack you are
targeting.