Re: [Xen-devel] serial ports in a pv domU

On Fri, 2010-03-19 at 17:21 +0000, Michael D Labriola wrote:
> Is there a way to pass a system's on-board serial port(s) into a
> paravirtualized domU?

I think you can pass individual IO ports and interrupt through to a PV
guest without necessarily passing through a PCI device.

I'm afraid I don't actually know the exact runes to cause xend or xl or
whatever to do this though -- I think perhaps for xend lines like:
        ioport=03f8-03f9
        irq=3
(or whatever the com port uses) in your config file might do the trick.

> I don't have any on hand to test with, but would passing a PCI serial card
> into the domU have any issues?

I'd expect that to work alright.

Ian.