Re: [Xen-devel] domU guest for xcp 0.1.1

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 02:21:31PM -0700, Ritu kaur wrote:
>    Thanks Pasi, I did look into debugging via serial console yesterday,
>    system is rack mounted and currently not a viable option for me since it
>    requires admin approval, I am looking into this. Aside from that, I
>    believe xen/next should work with xcp 0.1.1 i.e
>
>    1. xen 3.4.3.gz, xen/next kernel. Take tar-pkg built from xen/next, untar
>    it in xcp0.1.1 dom0, modify extlinux.conf to boot from 3.4.3 and new
>    kernel. will this work?

It should, assuming you don't have some incompatibility with xen/next and your
hardware.
You might also want to try xen 4.0.0 instead of 3.4.3!

But anyway it's best to use the serial console, or SOL (Serial-Over-Lan) to
capture
the boot messages, so we can actually SEE what's the problem.

-- Pasi