[Xen-devel] Re: [pvops xen/next ][iommu] attenpt to passthrough PCI-e usb controllor to PV domU SUCCESS :-)

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 09:35:50PM +0100, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
> Hi Konrad,
>
> Thx again and again and again :-)

Oh nice. Glad to hear.

> Works like a charm by adding these to the domU kernel options.
> I saw a lot of your hard work on the swiotlb on LKML as well, would be nice
> if it would be accepted together with pci-front,
> that would make mainline kernels as domU work with pci-passthrough as well.

Yes!  That is the idea - to have the xen-pcifront upstream. Thought as
you experienced first hand, first the SWIOTLB need to be in the kernel
to make the PCI front patches work.

> I now got it running with the linux 2.6.33 tree from your git tree, which is
> of course also very recent :-)

Oh boy. You are adventurous :-) ..

> Now running on:
> hypervisor: xen-4.0.0-rc6
> dom0: xen-next
> domU: 2.6.33 tree with pcifront and swiotlb from Konrad's git tree, and with
> some additional patches to het isochronous URB's working on the USB 3.0 xHCI
> driver from linux-usb mailing lists.
>

> Pasi, perhaps a good thing to point out in the passthrough wiki pages (at
> least when using pvops kernels),

Well, in regards to those trees of mine I keep on reworking them so that they
will be
ready for upstream. They don't have all of the nice bells and whistles
that xen/next has - just the basics to get xen-pcifront working.