Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0.0-rc8 problem: xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:25:42AM +0000, Keir Fraser wrote:
> On 27/03/2010 10:53, "Pasi Kärkkäinen" <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > And obviously I didn't get to see pygrub or select the domU kernel
> > because the console connection failed.. domU did start up fine.
> >
> > dom0 is Fedora 12 with Xen 4.0.0-rc8 (from Michael's rpm).
> >
> > So what should I try to debug it?
>
> Other thoughts: Try running 'xm console' later

"xm console" works when I run it manually after "xm create -c" fails and
returns.

> and see if the tty eventually appears in xenstore.
> Look in xenstore and see if the tty entry appears to be
> there (I think it's /local/domain/<domid>/serial/0/tty).

[root@dom0 ]# xenstore-ls /local/domain/2/serial
0 = ""
 tty = "/dev/pts/0"

> Check whether xenconsoled is running.

xenconsoled is running. "xm console" manually works.

> Check syslog for consoled warnings/errors.

No errors in /var/log/syslog or "xm log".

-- Pasi