[Xen-devel] Re: Jeremy's GIT-tree and network problems

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 10:30:06AM -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
So here is an interesting observation (And I am late in this thread so
if I am going off on a tangent, please correct me): We compiled both in
DomU and Dom0 the kernel to not have any traces of iptables nor
igbtables. The performance of scp-ing a tarball from Dom0 to DomU went
from 0.5MB to 17MB/s (which is about the disk speed).

Interesting. Copying a kernel.tar.bz2 from Dom0 to DomU with scp gives a speed of 30.7MB/s, even if both kernels have iptables support.

I don't know if you feel inclined to actually try such a drastic option
to see if that is your culprit or not, but it is worth keeping in the
back of your head.

But I fear, that this is not my problem, and I need iptables in DomU at least for masquerading.

Shade and sweet water!

        Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz             E-Mail: stse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |