Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Initiative

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 12:31:51PM +0530, Onkar Mahajan wrote:
>    Link: [1]File-List
>    Link: [2]themeData
>    Link: [3]colorSchemeMapping
>
>    Of late i discovered that for a newbie - It's not that ( as compared to
>    VMWare ESX)
>
>    straightforward to install Xen and start researching on it. The root cause
>    of this is that , there is
>
>    not proper step-by-step documentation that works. I don't say there is no
>    documentation
>
>    ; there is , but it's scattered & not obivious.There are few of my friends
>    who could
>
>    not make dom0 run for couple of months and then gave up.
>
>    So , I want to take an initiative to very well document Xen installation
>    &* configuration
>
>    so that it becomes a definitive guide for anyone who likes to play with
>    Xen.
>
>    *
>
>    I hope to get a lot of help from the Xen developers/researchers and
>    experienced
>
>    Xen administrators.

That's a good thing to do! I'd suggest you to create yourself an account
to Xen wiki, and ask Stephen Spector to give you edit permissions.

Then you can create a new wiki page and start documenting!

We have a Xen 4.0 'release notes' wiki page here:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Xen4.0

You could start with filling that page!

btw. Xen wiki mainpage now has links to the new recently created wiki pages.

-- Pasi