Re: [Xen-devel] New release candidate for Xen 4.0.0 (RC9)

Grant McWilliams

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use Windows."
Now they have two problems.

> pvops is certainly where the development effort is currently focussed,
> and hopefully what the commercial distros will all be using later this
> year[*].

Yes, agreed. ÂThis is definitely the direction. ÂBut I don't
think it's time to throw away linux-2.6.18-xen.hg quite yet
(the suggestion of which is what triggered my allergic reaction
here :-).

Do we yet have any real numbers on the performance hit with the move to pvops? We HAVE to at some point move but I think part of the decision on WHEN to move will be based on this. I've seen various messages over the years about "we have to sit down and figure out how big the hit is and what to do about it".

Just curious.

Grant McWilliams