[Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-users] What happend to /sys/xen and independent_wallclock (Xen 4.0/Linux 2.6.32)

xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 04/05/2010 03:55:00 PM:

> Mike Viau <viaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent by: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> 04/05/2010 03:55 PM

> <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> cc
>
> Subject
>
> RE: [Xen-users] What happend to /sys/xen and independent_wallclock
> (Xen 4.0/Linux 2.6.32)
>
> Mon, 5 Apr 2010 21:35:57 +0200 <au@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > finally I have managed to upgrade to Xen 4.0 (actually it reports Xen
> > 4.1-unstable) and Debian's Linux kernel 2.6.32-4-xen-amd64. Now I am
> > wondering what happend to independent_wallclock. There is no more
> > /sys/xen and sysctl complains
> >
> > error: "xen.independent_wallclock" is an unknown key
>
> I believe this is becasue the kernel is pvops based and the pvops
> kernels atleast with the attached kernel configuration does not
> populate /sys/xen in the filesystem.
>
> There is files/folders in /proc/xen/ that are populated by the kernel
though.

Uh, oh...  I need my domUs to have clocks independent from dom0.  Is this
perhaps the default behavior in pv_ops (fingers crossed)?  Otherwise, I
need to figure out how to force this behavior pronto.

-Mike

---
Michael D Labriola
Electric Boat