Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.1 Feature Request List

Multi-queue functionality in netfront/netbk drivers would be very useful in improving aggregate network throughput. This is complementary to leveraging VMQ functionality via Netchannel2.

For Dom-0 transmit queue logic, a simple mechanism to map physical NIC’s receive queues to Vif’s transmit queues and vice-versa would also be very useful and will help Dom-0 leverage NIC’s hardware based hashing functionality such as RSS and guest kernel’s transmit queue functionality for end-to-end network throughput enhancement.

Thanks,

- Pradeep Vincent