Re: [Xen-devel] status of PV drivers in Xen 4.0

Le 10/04/2010 14:58, Pasi Kärkkäinen a écrit :
>> Have you been successful building the drivers for .31 or .32?
I just tried 2.6.33 so far, without success.

>> I'd like to make a set of patches available to apply to Xen 3.4.2 or
>> 4.0 to enable building the drivers with recent kernels and the forward
>> ported kernels I usually use, but while I've been able to rebuild them
>> on a opensuse 11.2 system running 2.6.31.12 I am finding it hard to
>> work out which patches need to be applied and what else the rpm build
>> process does to enable compilation.
>>
>> Any pointers would be much appreciated.
>>

> Did you take a look at novell's sles11 sp1 kernel? it's 2.6.32 and
> should have pv-on-hvm drivers included?
Yes, that's Jan Beulich said on this list. However, I've buid a
2.6.32.11 kernel, with all xen patches available from SLE11-SP1 (as well
as a few others needed for applying xen patches properly), and used the
corresponding defconfig file. But I can't find any reference to those
drivers, at least with the names given in README file of xen tarball
(xen-platform-pci.ko, xen-vbd.ko, xen-vnif.ko and xen-balloon.ko).
That's probably just because of a name change.

Anyway (unless I'm wrong), the actual usefulness of pv-on-hvm is on
standard linux kernels, not on dom0 itself, and the issue seems to be on
xen Makefile side.
--
BOFH excuse #298:

Not enough interrupts