Re: [Xen-devel] radeon in dom0/ivtv in domU: irq 16 nobody cared

On 04/13/2010 01:05 PM, Mark Hurenkamp wrote:
> I put a monitor in place, we'll see what happens. As far as i can see
> now,
> the radeon driver registers the IRQ, but doesn't seem to do much with it
> during normal use (counter is still 0 after about 15 minutes running X
> now).
> Perhaps it is meant for opengl or some accelerated function, or my
> xserver
> is just not using the drivers full potential.
> Which makes it all the easier to see a storm should it occur ;-)

It probably only gets used if the X server is driving the card faster
than it can keep up, so the queue starts getting filled.  Its quite
likely that normal X/text stuff just doesn't get close to exerting the
card at all.

If your setup allows it, you could try turning on "desktop effects" to
see what happens then...