Re: [Xen-devel] pvops domu soft lockup under load (more logs)

On Apr 14, 2010, at 19:48 , Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:

> Does it appear on the Xen console (visible with "xm dmesg")?  You may
> need to do a sysrq '9' first to get it to output all messages.

Does that sysrq have to go to dom0 or to the domU?

I also got the tip from someone on xen-users to take a look at the clock
source, and setting
/sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource to 'jiffies'
does seem to stop the lockups from happening. The fact that I've witnessed
other kernel timekeeping going wonky on these guests, the fact that this helps
does seem intuitively right, but I don't know if it gives you enough to work
with.

Cheers,
Pim