[Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] rebased openSUSE Xen dom0 Patches

>>> "Simon Graham" <simon.graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 15.04.10 20:36 >>>
>On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 02:37:35PM +0100, Andrew Lyon wrote:
>> I've uploaded updated 2.6.31 and 2.6.32 rebased openSUSE Xen dom0
>> patches and ebuilds to
>> http://code.google.com/p/gentoo-xen-kernel/downloads/list
>>
>> Notable change is that both include the online resize feature recently
>> posted to xen-devel.
>>

>We're currently testing these patches with the Ubuntu 10.4 kernel and Xen
>3.4.2 and have encountered some problems in the Xen mm code shortly after Dom0
>starts to run.
>
>The typical failure is that Dom0 is trying to write to a page table (a L4 PT
>in the example below) but finds the page it is writing to is a
>PGT_writable_page

>Another common failure is shown below.  Dom0 expects a page to be
>PGT_l1_page_table but instead finds the page's type is PGT_writable_page:

Well, we certainly aren't experiencing anything like that with our
"original" version of those patches, and I would suppose Andy didn't
see such either. Hence perhaps a problem that got introduced
by how you made use of the patches and/or some specifics of the
source tree you applied them to?

Jan