RE: [Xen-devel] event_lock not initialized in the idle domain (permitted actions in a tasklet?)

  • To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Byrne, John (HP Labs)" <john.l.byrne@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 23:01:12 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:04:28 -0700

I've added the domain parameter to notify_via_xen_event_channel() as you
suggested since it is only used in a couple of places.

> I don't know what dom0 does while the page is paged in? Probably just
> throws an error code and carries on? In which case thinking about
> [prepare_]wait_on_xen_event_channel() further would not be necessary,
> as a dom0 code path can just notify on teh channel and carry on its
> way.

That is the way it is supposed to work, but there seems to be a bit of a
disconnect between grant-table code and the driver mods to handle the errors.
The driver mods expect a new error code GNTST_eagain, but the grant_table code
returns ENOENT in a couple of places. There were also a couple of
"GNTxxx_can_fail" flags added to grant-table interface, but they are unused. So
things don't look quite finished.

John