Re: Re: [Xen-devel] PV kernel boot parameter maxcpus has noeffect?

  • To: "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>, "pasik@xxxxxx" <pasik@xxxxxx>
  • From: "Yuyang Du" <duyuyang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 18:18:01 +0800
  • Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 03:19:16 -0700

>However, given that the bringing up of secondary CPUs happens from common
>(even arch-independent) code, the whole issue
>seems a little suspicious - namely what indication he uses to see that there
>are more than 4 vCPU-s in use by Dom0.

I was not clear, and using maxcpus boot parameter in dom0 kernel is not what I
want.

I wanted to let xen see only one socket and schedule only that socket (4
cores), so giving dom0 kernel boot parameter does not help. So I was wrong
about that.

What I am looking for is to tell xen to schedule only a portion of the
available physical processors to whatever VMs, is there any method? I checked
the BIOS options, and there is no way to disable a processor.

Thanks,
Shawn