Re: [Xen-devel] xenstored vanished

On 07/05/2010 10:17, "Christoph Egger" <Christoph.Egger@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I can't start xend as it can't find xenstored anymore.
>>
>> What happened ?
>>
>> Christoph
>
> OCAML_TOOLS are unconditionally enabled but I haven't installed
> the ocaml tools. So xenstored got build but not installed.
> I'm wondering why the build process did not fail.
>
> Please only build ocaml version when ocaml is installed.

That is already the case:

ifeq ($(OCAML_TOOLS),y)
ifeq ($(CONFIG_Linux),y)
OCAML_TOOLS := $(shell ocamlopt -v > /dev/null 2>&1 && echo "y" || echo "n")
else
OCAML_TOOLS := n
endif
endif

I can only conclude that you do have the ocaml toolchain installed. The
ocaml stuff was broken when first checked in, but it's now building okay for
me (e.g., current tip, c/s 21326).

If you are building on NetBSD then as you can see above, the ocaml build is
forcibly disabled on non-Linux systems.

 -- Keir