Re: [Xen-devel] Re: a xen question

Thanks Stefano,

I looked into the code and this is what I got. Does this look right to you?

Audio ES1370 emulation es1370.c  Soundblaster 16 emulation sb16.c  Graphic VGA Emulator vga* Cirrus CLGD 54xx VGA Emulator cirrus_vga.c  Xen Console xen_console.c QEMU VNC display driver ..\vnc.c  Net e1000 Ethernet emulation e1000* NE2000 emulation ne2000.c  QEMU RTL8139 emulation rtl8139.c  PC System Emulator pc.c, ..\vl.c PCI pci* PCI MSI support pt-msi.c  QEMU PC keyboard emulation pckbd.c  QEMU VMMouse emulation vmmouse.c  PS/2 Port ps2* QEMU MC146818 RTC emulation mc146818rtc.c  usb usb*, ..\usb* Battery Management battery_mgmt* DMA emulation dma.c, ..\dma* Floppy disk emulator (Intel 82078) fdc* QEMU IDE disk and CD/DVD-ROM Emulator ide.c, cdrom.c LSI53C895A SCSI Host Bus Adapter emulation lsi53c895a.c  ACPI & PIIX acpi, piix* QEMU 8253/8254 interval timer emulation i8254.c  QEMU 8259 interrupt controller emulation i8259.c  QEMU Parallel PORT emulation parallel.c  PC speaker emulation pcspk.c  APIC apic.c ISA Bus isa* 16550A UART emulation serial.c  SCSI Device emulation scsi* TPM tpm* High Precisition Event Timer emulation hpet* QEMU I2C bus interface i2c* SMBus device emulation smbus* Virtio Devices virtio* VMPort emulation vmport.c  XEN event channel device xen_platform* Xen paravirt framebuffer xenfb*, ..\xenfbfront.c XenStore ..\xenstore.c

Best,

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 3:56 AM, Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 6 May 2010, George Dunlap wrote:
> Ahn, the backends and frontends depends on which version of the kernel
> you're using.  Do you want to look at the pv-ops kernel (the long-term
> future), or the xen-linux kernel (a fork which will never make it
> as-is into Linux, but is ATM more widely used)?
>
> Stefano, which devices are enabled in qemu in our Xen tree?  Can you
> give Anh some pointers on how to find out which files correspond to
> those devices?  Thanks!

Just starting a Linux HVM guest and executing lspci in the guest is a
good start :)

The entry to point to start all the emulated devices in qemu is
pc_init1 in hw/pc.c, from there you can find out all the
initialization functions of the emulated hardware provided by qemu to
the guest.
The main ones are the graphic card (two models available:
hw/cirrus_vga.c and hw/vga.c), network cards (two models available:
hw/e1000.c, hw/rtl8139.c), PIIX4 (hw/piix4acpi.c), PIIX3 (hw/piix_pci.c,
hw/ide.c, hw/usb-uhci.c), usb devices (hw/usb-hid.c), the xen pci
platofirm device (hw/xen_platform.c) and the serial card (hw/serial.c).