Re: [Xen-devel] Cpupools and pdata_alloc

On 11/05/2010 18:25, "George Dunlap" <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Kier, out of curiosity, is there a reason init_idle_domain() (and thus
> schedule_init()) is called so early, before all of the cpus are up?
> Is it so that adding a cpu dynamically and at boot (which needs to do
> in it, add an idle vcpu, &c) all take the same codepath?

Well, once secondary CPUs are fully up they are of course running their
respective idle VCPUs, so we can't call schedule_init() very late. The right
thing to do is dynamically allocate state as CPUs are brought online -- and
potentially free that state when CPUs are taken offline. Which is pretty
much the direction the code points in already.

 -- Keir