I don't think these patches were applied. (I don't know if there is a reason for this.) It might be worth checking out the whole patch queue if you are intending to use it with xen-unstable.hg.

Regards,

Alex

On 26/05/10 05:31, Yuvraj Agarwal wrote:

Hi, Just posting this on the list too in case anyone else has experience
with the OCAML version of xenstored….

--Yuvraj

*From:* Yuvraj Agarwal [mailto:yuvraj@xxxxxxxxxxx]
*Sent:* Tuesday, May 25, 2010 10:26 AM
*To:* 'Boris Derzhavets'; 'Pasi Kärkkäinen'
*Subject:* RE: [Xen-devel] using OCAML xenstored

Hi Boris and Pasi,

I checked out the latest xen-testing from mercurial, and edited the
Config.mk file to have the OCAML version of xenstored built.

I checked and made sure that I have all the patches, and my xm info
shows 4.0.1-rc1. After that I built using:

make xen; make tools; make stubdom

make install-xen;
make install-tools PYTHON_PREFIX_ARG=;

make install-stubdom

Unfortunately, it looks like even though the new OCAML version of
xenstored is built, it appears in /usr/bin/xenstored instead of the
usual “/usr/sbin/xenstored” and the default part of the xenstored to use
is the standard one (not the OCAML one)…

Just FYI: This is an Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit system.

root@ BlackBox:/# ll /usr/bin/xenstored (new OCAML xenstored I just
built..)

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 925039 2010-05-25 10:15 /usr/bin/xenstored

root@ BlackBox:/# ll /usr/sbin/xenstored (<< Standard C xenstored)

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 94728 2010-05-01 00:36 /usr/sbin/xenstored

root@ BlackBox:/# which xenstored

/usr/sbin/xenstored

root@BlackBox:/#

thanks