Re: [Xen-devel] [xl] a fault happens on pv domain reboot

Sergey Tovpeko wrote:
Hello!

After doing reboot from the pv domain, the domain finishes his work.
xl destroys it, but then cann't create the new one. It seems a sort of race happens here between domain destroying and creation, but i'm not sure.

I came across with the same problem I put a sleep(2) in the code, I haven't had a chance to fully investigate the the root cause of this
See the following patch

This is trying to implement xl reboot and xl shutdown.

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2010-05/msg01616.html

/var/log/xen/xl-debian-pv.log shows this:

Waiting for domain debian-pv (domid 6) to die [pid 5219]
Domain 6 is dead
Domain 6 needs to be clean: destroying the domain
Done. Rebooting now
libxl: error: libxl_dom.c:389:userdata_path unable to find domain info for domain 7: Resource temporarily unavailable
cannot save config file: Resource temporarily unavailable
libxl: error: libxl.c:747:libxl_domain_destroy xc_domain_pause failed for 7

I use the latest xen-unstable.hg.

Thank you for your attention.
Sergey Tovpeko

Gihan Munasinghe