[Xen-devel] Question regarding xentrace

Hi,

I've made some SAP benchmarks on my Xen system and discovered a huge difference in the performance of a "xened" SAP system compared to a native SAP system. Hence, I tried to figure out what might cause this 'overhead' and run a xentrace (listining to all events). Xentrace produced 24gb data and I converted it to 27gb human-readable data by using xentrace_format. After I gathered the human-readable data, I filtered the data and counted the appearance of each event. So far, so good.

Now it comes: although I used paravirt-guests, the xentrace-tool reported HVM events in the trace data. Moreover, from my point of view it is impossible to trace HVM events, as I use AMD Opteron 280 with no AMD-V feature.

Did I miss something or does the xentrace-tool report 'wrong' trace data?

I use Xen version 3.2.0_16718_14-0.4 (from Suse).

Thanks
André